What We Do
MDN was established to ensure that there is strategic cohesion across national and regional museum development programmes.
With representatives from each national and regional museum development provider, MDN acts as a central point of contact for members, funders, partners and stakeholders. MDN is an advocate for the impact our programmes and activities have on the museum sector at a national level. The Network also provides members with a forum for discussion, debate, sharing information and collaboration. As a network we:
- champion and demonstrate the unique value of museums and the role they contribute to communities, audiences and the wider public
- help museums to become resilient
- facilitate collaborative working and shared best practice
- support excellence, innovation, partnerships and organisational sustainability across the sector
- advocate for the sector and provide a source of national benchmarking
- enable museums to build their capacity to meet the diverse needs of the communities they serve
- maximise investment from our funders.